My Sweet Kinsey Girl.



This is Kinsey.  Kinsey is seven years old.  She was adopted from China at 11 months old and my family has been purely blessed ever since.  She is bubbly, sweet, joyful, and full of life.  She lights up a room with just a smile or a laugh.  Every time she approaches me, she will say my name, run towards me, and leap into my arms for a big hug.  As her older cousin, I have loved watching her blossom into the Godly girl that she is.

On Friday, May 11, 2018, Kinsey collapsed at school and went by ambulance to East Tennessee Children’s Hospital where she was diagnosed with AVM, which is basically a tangle of abnormal blood vessels.  One of these blood vessels ruptured, causing a large blood clot to form.  She was airlifted to Vanderbilt Hospital and had immediate surgery.  As a result of the bleeding, she lost function of her right side and speech.  A few days after her surgery, she began physical therapy, occupational therapy, and speech therapy.

In this short amount of time, Jesus has truly revealed Himself to our family.  The doctors were able to remove the clot, and her brain immediately went back to normal size.  A few days later, she began speech therapy, where she was able to finally talk and gain her self-confidence back.  True story: As she was speaking, her parents asked her to say, “Thank you God!”  and she responded by saying, “Thank you, God!”

I’m not gonna lie.  When I first heard the news, my heart immediately broke.  I questioned God why of all people He chose Kinsey to struggle.  But then I encountered a piece of Scripture that same hour from John 9:3, which says, ““Neither this man nor his parents sinned,” said Jesus, “but this happened so that the works of God might be displayed in Him.””  And Jesus fulfilled that promise for Kinsey and for our family.  God has reminded us in this period of time to be still and know that He is God, and that no matter what, He is good.  Through Kinsey, I have seen God reveal His goodness to our family.

Kinsey continues to radiate the love of Jesus Christ through the way she lives her life and through the way she has been fighting the good fight.  A family friend has generously made a GoFundMe for Kinsey’s expenses.  If you would like to donate, here is the link below.  In the meantime, please continue to pray over sweet Kinsey and our family.  While Kinsey has a long road of recovery ahead of her, we have peace in knowing that God will continue to lay His healing hand over her.

I have received permission from the family to share this story with hope that this will reflect on God’s faithfulness to His promises.



Comments

Popular Posts